- The great majority does not have a paternal figure in their life – often, their father is in prison or has been imprisoned on various occasions, and, in some instances, both parents are in prison
- Siblings almost never have the same father
- They do not understand the meaning of privacy as it does not exist in their homes
- Many children have to take on the role of “parent” and thus the burden of adult responsibility for their younger siblings
- There is a lack of mutual respect, self awareness and respect for their bodies, which is often manifested by public displays of their sexuality irrespective of the presence of the other gender
- They attend schools where they are mistreated and where they receive only a basic, minimal education.
international volunteers. Our mission is to help them have a better understanding of the world and encourage them to learn more so that they could have a better future.